Heather F. Collins, M.S.
Heather F. Collins, M.S., Regulatory Consultant with The Acta Group (Acta®), has over two decades of experience developing, implementing, and managing environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) compliance for global chemical and chemical product companies. Her prodigious skills in developing biocide and pesticide registration and compliance strategies, coupled with her keen awareness of the financial and temporal pressures of the marketplace, make her an excellent resource for clients seeking a competitive edge in their compliance management. Ms. Collins holds a Masters in Science degree in Environmental Science and Management and a Bachelor of Science in Biology and Biochemistry from Duquesne University.
- Represents clients in interactions with the Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), engaging regulatory and science staff in pre-registration meetings and in response to issues arising during application review.
- Participated in conducting a company-wide FIFRA systems assessment, including a multiday site visit, to plan training and development of standard operating procedures.
- Guided a pesticide registrant through reviewing the existing EPA database in support of a technical product, developing strategies for data waiver requests, and preparing the submission for registration.
- Assists with data compensation analyses.
- Coordinated efforts on behalf of a start-up company to register a new antimicrobial product to meet an important public health issue.
- Assisted a large chemical product manufacturer with assessing current pesticide product registrations in anticipation of a business acquisition.
- Guided a new registrant developing a novel biochemical active ingredient to understand the data required to support the pesticide registration.
- Provided technical knowledge and registration support for state registrations in California and New York.
- Assisted pesticide-producing companies with setting up new establishment sites and the submission of the initial and annual establishment reporting.
“Regulatory Relief—EPA and COVID related Disinfectants and FDA on Hand Sanitizers,” Household & Commercial Products Association, (November 11, 2020).
“State Ingredient Communication Requirements and Related Legal and Commercial Issues Webinar,” Household & Commercial Products Association, (October 3, 2018).